11 April 2010

"Rollin' Wit My Top Down, Listenin' to This Jesus Muzik..."



[Lecrae:]
Yeah, back on the grind again- I know it's been a lil' while, but it's time again
Folks askin' Crae, "When ya gonna rhyme again?" I'm like, "Hold up, give me time, my man!"
See, a lot of thangs change, some stay the same- went from "H Town" to "D Town" to "Memphis", man
One thang that's "fasho", everywhere I go- people caught up in "theyself", money, cars, and clothes (yep)
They talk about it all the time and put it in they songs
They drive around and play it loud like it ain't nothin' wrong
And all they talk about is sinful stuff, got everybody actin' bad, thinkin' that they a thug (weeelll...)
They tryin' to drown me out, but nah, they ain't gon' count me out
I got a backpack full of tracks, plus I keep a Johnny Mac so we can pound it out
Plus I'm bumpin' these JESUS BEATS whenever they SEEIN' ME
People lookin' all confused, 'cause every one of my tunes is screamin' "JESUS", peeps
I was bumpin' dat TRIP LEE, BJ rollin' WIT ME, both our heads noddin' like we dozin' or we TIPSY
But we ain't been drankin', man- nah, this song just bangin', man
Got us screamin' "JESUS" out the window while we changin' lanes, while we're just...

[Chorus: x3]
Ridin' wit my top down listenin' to this Jesus music
Ride-ridin' wit my top down, down top, top down, ridin' wit my top down
Listenin' to this Jesus music

[Trip Lee:]
If you hear that the bass bang and you see us in ya streets
That stuff ya boy's playin', man, it's gon' be dem Jesus beats (y'all ready)
That stuff we bumpin' ain't that "lean wit it, rock wit it" (nope)
It's that "change ya life and please let the Rock hit it"
Now that stuff that we bump bring the sound of Christ (Christ) 116 our prayer to Christ was once lost, then found- now we down wit Christ
In the dark hearts stop, but we found the light- now it's soundin' right
Suicide to the good and the phantom life 'cause the gospel is good
In the past I don't think y'all understood- now ya got it messed up
Let us outta ya hood, we got the windows down and when we find a cruise
We tryin' to glorify the Lord with what we listen to (OK)- we bump dat Cross movement
We bump that Lampmode (Lampmode); we 'bout that Jesus music
Get up yo' hands, bro (get up yo' hands, bro)- yeah
It might be screwed and chopped; it might be east coast
Either way this Jesus music's hot- bump this in ya speakers, bro
The Lord ain't pleased wit that money and weed
So if you hear them "'sup" and ya see us up in ya streets
I might be...

[Chorus: x3]
Ridin' wit my top down listenin' to this Jesus music
Ride-ridin' wit my top down, down top, top down, ridin' wit my top down
Listenin' to this Jesus music

[Lecrae:]
You like music, from rap to gospel- but ya prolly never heard nobody rap the gospel
Different sound but the truth's the same- no choirs, no bands, but the truth remains
We got fam' and the clique set the booth on flames, St Louis, others, Philly
Like Duce and Flame's- if ya lost in the flow, don't lose the name
It's Jesus Christ, the King of the jews, my man
This ain't entertainment, dawg, it's timeless truth
Would you rather hear a song about shiny coupes? (nope)
Non-fat, non-gat, non-killa rap, 100% "Christ da Blood Spilla" rap
Y'all feelin' that? Rap wrapped up with the gospel; 'ey, Trip, dawg, run it back
Y'all feelin' that? Rap wrapped up with the gospel; 'ey, Trip, dawg, run it back

[Trip Lee:]
If in our car you hear that boom-bep, and you hear some dude's rep
It ain't dem folks that boast, it's folks that tell you where the truth's at
We don't wanna hear about dimes and dope (nope)
We don't wanna hear about nines and smoke
We don't wanna hear about movin' packs and foolish cats
Who lie and boast
We do wanna hear about Christ the King
Do wanna hear how lives is changed
We do wanna hear how God is pleased
And theology of the Bible, man
This Jesus music turn heads, so turn it up and let 'em know
In all we do He's first and this Jesus music's better, bro (yeah)

[Chorus: x3]
Ridin' wit my top down listenin' to this Jesus music
Ride-ridin' wit my top down, down top, top down, ridin' wit my top down
Listenin' to this Jesus music

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme some love! <3

Bookmark and Share