08 March 2011

Week 13.

So yes, I am ONCE AGAIN posting late. But this time, I have a good excuse... and the photos WERE taken on Saturday. Anyway, on Sunday (6 March) I could not stop vomiting. Now, I had been FINE for two weeks, pretty much, but I think I was just so excited to be in the second trimester that I was hoping the nausea/vomiting/exhaustion would go away as everyone predicted!

Well, at around 1130 PM on Saturday night, I came out and took one of my anti-vomiting pills because I was not feeling so hot. 30 minutes later, I was in the bathroom, puking hard. As soon as I would lie down, I would be back up, hovering over the toilet. After nearly passing out on the way back to bed, my husband insisted that we go to the hospital to at least get some fluids in me.

3.5 hours, an IV of 64+ ounces of saline and a vial of Zofran, a Doppler exam for the fetal heartbeat (down to 163 BPM now), and a couple barf bags later, the doctor discharged me with the typical instructions for hyperemesis gravidarum... but also a prescription to make sure I gain plenty of weight by eating McDonald's hamburgers and fries. Not even kidding. Haha. Okay, Doc, I think I'll start by attempting to just hold down water/Powerade. :P

I got home, and immediately threw up 3 times. I spent the rest of Sunday and Monday in bed, pretty much. On Monday, though, I saw my OBGYN's partner, who was able to write me a doctor's note for work for the week, thank goodness. On Wednesday, we should be seeing Baby Bean again via ultrasound! It's crazy to think that s/he is already the size of a lemon (about 3 1/2 inches and 1 1/2 ounces)! Can't wait to see him/her again, and even more, I can't wait to find whether Baby is a girl or boy!

Anyway, the rest of this week is just going to be spent taking care of myself and the little one as I am trying to catch up nutritionally. I just feel weak after only eating 500-750 calories in the last 2.5 days. :\

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme some love! <3

Bookmark and Share