28 February 2011

Week 12.

Oops, another late blog! Technically, I am 12 weeks, 6 days along today... and tomorrow starts week 13 (second trimester)! At any rate, I am starting to notice my belly is definitely getting pudgier. Also, I've REALLY been enjoying Jelly Bellies- I think this really IS a "Baby Bean"! :D The nausea and exhaustion has been lessening slowly but surely (even though I DID end up throwing up so hard on Thursday that I went to the ER since I strained the muscle under my ribs)... Hmmm, I have had to buy new underpants, as my old ones were leaving dark lines in my belly and it was getting really uncomfortable to even get through my workday! Never thought I'd have to do that, and though it's hard to leave the past behind, I know this is the "sacrifice" I am willing to make for the beautiful child that is growing inside of me. I'm trying to stay as active as I can, though that typically just means power-walking for an hour 3 times a week, and a 30-45 minute walk/jog with my husband on Saturdays. I'm just tired after working 40 hours a week, and I really do want to be super careful, re: dehydration/nutrition. I literally have to drag myself out to the gym anymore, but I guess I just have to remember that regular exercise can help with the constipation (yikes, TMI?!) and later on, it'll help me with labour! (My biggest "want" is to be able to do a half-marathon in April or May.) I just cannot wait to go on our "babymoon" vacation! We're thinking about somewhere in Northern California for 3-4 days, just to have some grown-up romantic time to ourselves before Baby Bean comes.

Anyway, folks, that wraps it up for this week. At least... that's what I can remember to mention. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gimme some love! <3

Bookmark and Share